Thursday, February 25, 2010

Shinjuku Part I










I slept in today. I did wake up early as usual only to fall back asleep again after my exercises. I guess I was tired. Still am. It's been a lot of walking lately.

So, only one stop today. But, what a stop it was. I went to Shinjuku, an area close to the heart of the business district of the city. There is also a lot of shopping and entertainment there as well. I initially found it to be somewhat lacking in character and excitement only owing to the fact that it looked so much like Toronto, the city where I used to live in Canada. There were the usual assortment of tall office buildings, both old and new. Glass skyscrapers and older monolithic stone structures dominated the area. But, what a difference getting off at the "wrong" subway station exit makes. I took a very long walk "around" the area and by the time I made an almost two hundred and seventy degree perimeter walk, I finally came upon what all the excitement was all about.

But, that was about an hour later. I took the long way around. I just didn't know it at the time! Much like Akihabara yesterday, I found the good stuff at the end of the trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment