Friday, February 26, 2010

Ginza

















































The second stop of the day was to the Ginza shopping district. Strictly high end stuff all the way here only. From Channel, to Prada, to Henry Winston, to Tiffany and Co., to Mont Blanc, to Omega, to Rolex, to Bvlgari. You have to have money to shop here. It's where all the rich people shop. The rest of us just look!

Rain was now falling steadily although not heavily. I tried to shoot my pix from under cover of awnings and doorways and the like. It didn't matter if I got wet, but the camera would not like it, especially the lens. I missed some good photo ops because of the rain, but it was still alright. When you've seen one Omega sign, you've seen them all. LOL

By the time I was done here (about an hour-see the clock pix), it was rush hour time again. But, based on yesterday's experience, it was not too bad to travel in. It was crowded, but not excessively so. I made it back to Yodobashi Camera in the Akihabara district once again.

I looked for a wi-fi antenna again to no avail and also looked for some RAM. But, they did not carry the brand I was looking for. So, I bought a Canon EF 24-105mm f4 L IS zoom lens instead! I was l originally going to buy (maybe) the Canon EF-S 15-85mm f3.5-f5.6 IS zoom lens, but the build quality of the non-L series (read: consumer grade) lenses does not excite me. I like pro level quality in my lenses, both in terms of build quality and optical quality. So, now I have my kit complete with two f4 L series zooms. If you recall, my first L series zoom was bought when I went to Hong Kong; the Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS zoom. Both these lenses are rated at the top of the heap. And, from using them (well, the one so far) I can say that the rating is very well deserved.

And, so, that was my day. Kinda wet and kinda expensive! I'm done. Tomorrow is my last day here and I will take it easy. I've not yet decided where to go yet. We'll see in the morning.

Note: all pix from the Ginza district only. I was on a mission in Akihabara!

No comments:

Post a Comment