Friday, February 19, 2010

Dinner And A Hotel




Dinner followed soon after the horseback riding excursion. It was the best BBQ pork belly (samgyupsal) I have ever had. They used real charcoal and not the usual hot ceramic coals. At least I think they are usually ceramic. But, at least they looked like real coals this time. Anyways, the food was also much tastier than on the mainland of South Korea. So much more flavorful and fresher. Wow!


The Dong Yang Tourist Hotel is located in the middle of Jeju-Si Central, one of the two main downtown, or central areas of the island. It is a stone's throw from the airport. I didn't have much time to do any exploring except for the first night I landed, but that was cut short by the too cold weather conditions, too. The room itself was HUGE! It was over 25' in length and almost 20' in width at its widest section. This is absolutely the BIGGEST hotel room I have ever stayed in in my life! And, I've stayed in lots of hotels and resorts in my time. Anyways, besides being the largest hotel room I've stayed in, it was pretty decent, too. Clean and quiet. What more can someone ask for. But, the in-room internet did not work. Meh!


The hotel was also the last stop of the day for me. Some of the other teachers went to a nightclub late that night. I went for a short walk around the neighborhood until the cold got to me. It's bloody cold here!

No comments:

Post a Comment