Sunday, February 28, 2010

Narita International Airport












The miserable rain that had plagued my last few days in Toyko was also present this morning when I went to the airport. It was just a little heavier than the previous few days. I had awoken very early (5am), got out of bed normally (6am), and got myself together to check out without incident (7:15am). The subway ride to the express train terminal was also smooth and problem free. But, when I got to the ticket counter, all tickets were sold out for my train (8am). Standing room only for the hour trip to the airport was the only option available. Well, there was first class at almost twice the price. Forget that. The regular train was expensive enough. I didn't mind standing as the ride was very smooth. I didn't even have to hold on to anything, nor lean against a wall. I just leaned on my suitcase pull handle in a cool looking sorta way and looked out the window for the entire trip. LOL

Everything at the airport went smoothly, too. I even had a bit of time to grab a quick bite before boarding (10:55am). I just had to have some of those wonderful soba noodles just one more time. The place at the airport was not as good as the diner I had been eating at, but it was not bad either. I'm glad I did have the noodles as the lunch on the plane was not good at all; a dry sandwich thingy that was very strange and tasteless. Oh, well.

It seems airports these days look more like high end shopping malls than an airport. Just wandering around Narita was like being in a mall. I guess the epitome of this concept is Heathrow Airport. I've not seen anything yet that comes even close to that one for "mallness". Maybe one day.

Anyways, I'm home and am doing home type things to get ready for work on Tuesday. Luckily Monday is a holiday here. WooHoo!

Thanks for following my latest adventures with me. I'll have some closing thoughts maybe by tomorrow. Or, in a few days otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment