Thursday, February 17, 2011

Xingtian Temple And Shopping




































Today was a simple day. A few errands, another temple and a bit of shopping afterwards. I felt a bit off today after lunch. It didn't seem to agree with me and I didn't really want to wander too far from a bathroom, if you know what I mean. I'm not really sure if it was the lunch, or the lack of sleep the night before. I had a bit of trouble getting to sleep and only managed a few hours. For those who know me, I need lots of sleep to function well. Today was one of those non-functioning days. In any case, I felt a bit better after a while and the shopping part came easier after that.

Xingtian Temple (at the subway station of the same name) is another gorgeous temple looking very well preserved and maintained. This one is smaller than Longshan Temple. But, still very nice. Again, lots of worshippers and visitors there. As it happens, there was a ceremony happening as I was there. I had wondered what all the talking was about. Hey, I don't understand Mandarin! What can I say. Meh!

Afterwards, I went shopping in the Zhongxiao Fuxing (again, at the subway station of the same name) section of town. This is where Sogo's and other high end stores are located. Like the Ginza district of Tokyo only much, much, smaller:


With very expensive stuff and big name brands, I only thought of the rich shopping here. Anyways, I had wanted to wander outside a bit to see some of the other stores, but it started to spit heavily by that time. So, another shortened exploratory trip due to the weather. The sidewalks are not covered in this section like most of the others. Too high end.

And, that was essentially my day. I wanted to get some rest from all the running around of the past week. Time flies and I always end up being too busy and doing too much. I think I'm going to need a vacation from my vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment