Monday, February 21, 2011

My Last Day



Wow! Time does fly, especially when on vacation. My ten days in Taiwan have now come to an end. Tomorrow morning, I head on out to the airport to go home. And, then it's back to work the very next day. Almost another six months before my next vacation! I better not dwell on that thought.

Anyways, today being my last day, was a day devoted to shopping. My first stop was to the Guang Hua Digital Plaza (see the two pix) only three subway stops from my hotel. This electronics toy heaven is similar to Akihabara in Tokyo and Yongsan in Seoul; a few blocks of computer and camera stuff that would cause any lover of the stuff to salivate uncontrollably. It's a lot smaller than the incomparable Akihabara and about the same as Yongsan, only smaller. I liked it, of course. LOL

I really didn't expect to find anything on my shopping list there. But, I did! I was looking for watch tools and was going to order from eBay sellers when I returned to Canada on holiday. Now, I don't have to at all. Everything I needed was not only in one store, but in two stores. Now, that was totally unexpected. Of course, my computer related stuff is still too specialized to find there. So, it's back to eBay for those items in six months. Meh!

My final stop of the day was back to the Taipei Main Station underground shopping mall. It seems that anime related stuff in Taiwan is almost totally located down there. I hit the mother load the first time there and didn't even know it till further research proved it to be the case. Of course, Akihabara is the place for all things anime. But, that was last year and this is now. I wasn't looking for them to purchase at that time. I found one highly rated anime figurine at a decent price; close the original published (debut) price. These things are highly valued by collectors and only go up in value over time.

Anyways, that was my final day. Plus, packing and wasting another few hours in posting! I type abysmally slowly with mistakes in almost every second to third word. And, I can't proofread to save my life, as you might have noticed. So, rereading the same thing three to four times and correcting all the mistakes that I can catch takes a long, long, time to do. A lot of the mistakes I cannot catch. That's just the way the human mind works. So, I think I am going to post less during my next vacations away. I would rather spend more of my time enjoying the place than wasting my time typing. I'll see how it goes. I still like having my thoughts down for my own memories, too. Although, if this website ever goes out of business, all those recorded memories will be lost.

This is also my final Taiwan post. You will know that I got home safely if you don't read about me in the news tomorrow. Think about it! All airline disasters make worldwide headlines. No headlines. No disaster. Home safe. The next time you read something new from me it will most likely be about some new restaurant I found with some great, or not so great, food. So, thank you for following along with my adventures.

Note:
There are only two pix to this post as most vendors and store owners HATE it when you try and take pix of their stuff and/or store. You will get tossed if you persist. I got tossed for even just handling a boxed figurine. Needless to say, that store never got, nor ever will get, my business.

No comments:

Post a Comment