Monday, February 14, 2011

Taipei, Taiwan

I'm currently in Taipei, Taiwan. This is my second trip of the holiday season. The holiday season running from sometime in January to the beginning of March, with one week of "regular" classes in between somewhere. I know this sounds a bit cryptic, but Winter Vacation occurs in January, and after the one week of class in February, so starts Spring Break! Yes, very strange, indeed.

Anyways, I'm here! I'm also a day late in posting as I was too tired as usual from doing too much on my first day in. The flight and arrival was very smooth without any hiccups along the way; everything being on-time and no lost luggage yet. With about 20 different countries under my belt, I'm bound to lose my luggage eventually. And, I was not refused entry either for lack of a visa. According to almost all websites I visited, I do not need a visa with a Canadian passport. Although, one did say I needed one if I lived in South Korea. That one put the thought in the back of my mind even though I ignored what it said.

Taiwan definitely has an (Caribbean) island flavor to it; it is old in parts, sparsely populated in the outskirts, and Taoyuan International Airport is what I would call "provincial". In other words, very small and old. Certainly not a world class international airport of the likes in Hong Kong, Seoul, Beijing, London, and even Shanghai. Very much an island flavored airport. The fact it was overcast and raining with high humidity contributed greatly to that feel, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment