Monday, February 14, 2011

Taipei 101























One of the places I really wanted to visit while here was a building called "Taipei 101". It's the second tallest building in the world. Located in the downtown business district, it was a short subway ride away. The day was cold, windy, and rainy. The temperature was only around 10C. Not what I was expecting for a semi-tropical country. But, the conditions just reminded me of Tokyo last year when I visited Tokyo Tower. The view was wonderful and the building itself did not disappoint.

The shopping mall that was part of the building was also quite grand. Very high end stuff here. Think Tiffany, Bvlgari, Omega, TAG Heuer, Rolex, Channel. You get the picture. I have never seen such opulence anywhere else in the world until Asia. And, these same name brands are at the airports, too. Well, not the ariport I was at in Taiwan, but the others I mentioned in my previous post. There are so many rich people here it boggles the mind.

Anyways, the view was as I had expected on a day like this; very rainy, cloudy and atmospheric. The weather conditions did not allow for the outside deck to be open, but that's alright as I don't like heights when out in the open. Being inside was just fine with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment