Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial Hall












This was my second stop of the day. As there is a subway stop there by the same name, it's easy to get to. The place is huge with the main hall at one end and some traditional styled buildings along the two sides with a gate opposite the main hall. Everything is huge and the space vast. There's a certain irony in the design. But, I'll get to that bit of insight and/or observation in the next post. It was cold there as the wide open spaces made for some good wind and cold temperatures. The sky spit a bit now and then, too. I didn't stay too long.

On the way back to the hotel, I had planned to rest in my room for a few hours prior to dinner, but I found an underground shopping mall right at my subway stop. There went a few hours of exploring that spanned over three subways stops of distance. Parts of the mall were pretty pathetic as it was mostly empty. But, other parts, the parts near the major stations, were very busy and lively. And, that was very reminiscent of Korea and the underground malls there. I was too tired by then to shoot pix. And, based on past experience, shopkeepers don't like it when you do down there anyways. So, drinking in the atmosphere was all I did. Then, it was time for dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment