Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Victoria Peak




This peak remind you of anything? LOL

















These next few shots are of downtown Hong Kong from the harbour.




The other reason for going to Hong Kong island today was to visit Victoria Peak. After I got back from Stanley. The # 15 city bus from the Exchange Place bus terminal took me along another rollar coaster ride to the top. The city bus is also less than HKD $10 one way while the tram ride is over HKD $36 return. Plus, I knew where to catch the bus. Not so much for the tram.

Did I say it was cold today on the island? It's bloody COLD! All I had on was a long sleeve shirt and a light spring jacket. And, that wind was a killer. I didn't stay outside for long, just long enough to get a quick series of shots. I stayed till nightfall to get some night shots as well. So, I ate diner at a Chinese cafe that had non-tourist prices. All the other places were expensive. I didn't bother going up the "bowl" shaped thingy as they wanted HKD $25 for the entrance fee and the seeing conditions sucked today anyways.

And, as you can see (or maybe not see), the seeing conditions were less that ideal today. It was foggier up at the top of the mountain than at the bottom in the city. When I got back to the bottom it was like a different world. Warmer and no haze.

No comments:

Post a Comment