Monday, January 25, 2010

Airsoft Toys and RC Toys











Another miracle is the fact that the airsoft sector of town is also right next the electronics sector which is right next to my hotel. For those of you not interested in airsoft guns, RC cars, RC planes, RC helicopters and scale models, you can skip this post.

For my friends who are into these things, you will have thought you just died and went to heaven (yes, I'm talking to YOU, Kevin). I know I was overwhelmed by all the toys. I could not even concentrate on things as there was so much assaulting the senses. It felt like a blur to me and still does. I'll have to go back. Sorry for the lack of pix inside the shops. The stores would not allow any pix, especially the airsoft stores. Just think wall to wall airsoft toys from floor to ceiling on all four walls plus 8' glass display cases in the middle of the floor inside (you still alive, Kevin?). One place reminded me of those armory scenes you would see in a movie. Matter of fact, I think they copied the design layout of one of them from the Underworld movies.

The area is basically a middle sized mall type building with everybody inside. There are about 30-40 stores of various descriptions selling the toys mentioned above. Each store selling the items of their specialty. On the outside of the main building are some more shops. And, as well as in some of the other buildings across the streets. It's a place to spend all your time and money and never leave! This place is absolutely everything you could imagine it to be.

Den Trinity was there and they had one of the best looking stores with test range right in the middle of the store (calm down, it's not that long, Kev). WGC was amazing in that they are on the 14 floor of an office building further down the street. 14th floor! Office building! They buzz you in. You cannot even walk in on your own. Their showroom was small but, a really first class looking place with glass display cases lining every wall. Very new and modern. Absolutely no pix allowed.

If l lived here, I know were all of my money would be going towards. The pricing is really cheap. PGC slide and barrel for TM G17 is only HKD $500 (that's about CDN $70, Kev). Mags for HKD $180 (CDN $25).

I will try and head to Redwolf and UnCompany eventually if time permits. Redwolf is a subway ride away, but quite close. UnCompany is on HK island. I may, or may not find the place.

Plus, there are two RC shops right across the street from my hotel; cars and helicopters.

No comments:

Post a Comment