Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Downtown Hong Kong Part I






Year of the Tiger.








Year of the _____? Sorry. Just being a teacher! LOL



For the women who are following this blog.



My watch. Yes, really! Just not this style. I have the James Bond watch! The Omega Seamaster in the midsize as my wrist is way too small to look proper with the full size.







I went back to downtown Hong Kong, or the "central" region of town again. This time to Stanley Street where I bought a new lens for my camera; the Canon 70-200mm f4.0L IS USM. This section of town does have the best camera gear prices in Hong Kong. And, remember that if you go there and are looking for gear, this is the area. Seems all I do is shop isn't it. Well, I guess so. LOL

Anyways, downtown is so congested and jam packed with people and buildings that it's almost impossible to get an angle on any one building. There are just too many too close together that it feels like being inside a narrow canyon. The whole area is like this in feel and look. So, what better place to test out the new zoom telephoto lens than here. Plus, this is more my style of shooting, not the simple tourist snapshots that I've been doing lately. So, these pix are not to everyones tastes. But, they are to mine.

I spent a few hours shooting in the hot day and I am beat. Photography, when done for real, takes a lot out of you in terms of creative energy and physical exertion. This is something most people do not realize. Ask any working pro and they will tell you, if they are honest about it, it is exhausting. Only amateurs think it is as easy and point and shoot. I worked pro before. And, the sun poked out today for a bit here and there. It's hot in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment