Sunday, January 24, 2010

Temple Street Night Markets









Like Korea, Hong Kong has its night markets, too. When dusk falls, independent merchants come in with there carts and set up there wares to sell on the streets. I saw two different ones in the area in my wanderings. The prices are very low compared to stores. I saw things at half price to those same things I saw in the stores. Ok, yes. I did pick up a few things, too.

The markets are just too packed for any decent shots to be had. There is almost no room to move and people bump into you all the time. Trying to get some low light shots under these conditions is very difficult. I gave up after a while. They do not do the bustling vitality of the markets justice. Suffice to say, you have to be there to experience what it's like to be in one. I like them but not for shooting pix, just for wandering and taking in the atmosphere. The later in the night it got, the busier they became.

No comments:

Post a Comment