Saturday, January 23, 2010

Beijing International Airport















The layover here in Beijing was longer than anticipated owing to my missed connecting flight. But, that was ok. It gave me a chance to look around. And, to say that I have finally set foot into China for the very first time in my life, too. Even if it was only for a few hours, something a bit over three, it's still a milestone for me. Although, Hong Kong is now officially a part of China now, it's still not quite the same thing.

High end shops abound here, too. Even more high end than in Incheon. I didn't bother looking at prices this time. Looking around at the signage was quite enough for me.

Oh, and this place is HUGE! HUMUNGOUS! It's unbeleivable how big it actually is in physical size and scope. I don't think my pix can capture the true majesty of this place. Makes me think that those "ships" they created in the movie 2012 could actually be built by the Chinese. You'll have to see the movie to get my reference here. But, it's quite appropriate.

No comments:

Post a Comment