Thursday, January 27, 2011

Tsim Sha Tsui Revisited













Today, I made a return visit to the southern end of Kowloon know as Tsim Sha Tsui. I had a very short time there last year and I wanted to see what I had missed in my rush. Well, as it turned out, I didn't miss much. I really didn't see anything all that new that I hadn't already seen last year. Still, it was nice to see the place again.

Afterwards, I took the Star Ferry across the harbor to Wanchai on Hong Kong island. The trip was very short and very cheap. It was something I had wanted to do. Walking around Wanchai, it was a very old area without the big signs, neon and otherwise, of Kowloon. There was an outdoor market that was very packed with vendors on the narrow streets and very crowded with shoppers. I wasn't in the mood to take pix by this time. I just drank in the atmosphere instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment