Friday, January 7, 2011

First Week of School was...

Its hard to believe that I'm now in Form 5; my last year of high school. How time flies!

It felt like as if it was only yesterday I was 7 years old. An unknown chapter of my life which has yet to be discovered. 10 years later I find myself getting ready for my SPM, celebrating my 17th birthday, taking my confirmation, applying for my driver's licence and the list goes on..

OK, now that we're through with the mushy part, here's an update about my first week of school.

On the first day of school, my friend Lee Jet Shi and I who have been sitting next to each other since Form 4 have agreed that we'd sit in the 2nd row or somewhere near the front because sitting at the back of the class last year SUCKS what with not being able to listen to the soft spoken teachers or getting distracted by the talkative ones behind and stuff.

And so we were tired of it!

We sat at the 2nd column, 4th row.



So during assembly, we wanted to sit in front of the girl's line so that we can enter the class before the others does. However, there was one little problem...

The boys' line is supposed to be in front of the girls' line so they might want to sit in front as well! Then I had a plan; because our class is now at the top floor, I thought that while the others take the normal staircase up the class, I'd follow them up till one floor below our class and run to the opposite staircase where nobody uses it and run into the class and find the best seat possible.

Jet Shi however was erm... too scared to 'break the rules' so I had to complete the mission alone...

When I reached the class, I took the second row which I thought was a pretty good place. Jet Shi sat next to me and we thought like 'Hey! Mission accomplished!'

But that was just the beginning!

It never dawned upon us that perhaps some of my classmates may have liked their previous seats last year and didn't want to change. Soon, there were arguments and people going "That's my seat!", "No, its my seat! I got here first!" and stuff like that...

So we were in a pretty awkward position. I felt bad that I may have taken their place but come on! Its a new year! And a new year come with new changes so we have a right to change our seats!

After that, our new class teacher entered, our seats were settled and Jet Shi and I sat at the front row. Jet Shi wasn't very comfortable sitting at the 1st row, but I think she's getting used to it. I hope.

Because its either that, or we have to sit waay at the back again. No thank you!

Also, I happy to say that I'm not the Class Monitor or Assistant this year! I'm free of all responsibility! Yay!

So congratulations to our new class Monitor... *drumrolls*

.

.

.

.

Chan Wai Loon (the guy on the left)

And our Assistant Monitor...
.
.
.
.

Leng Hui Yuen! Yay!!
Good luck you two (you're gonna need it). I know you'll take good care of our class this year!!

The days went by smoothly though there were some rough bumps on the way when I collected all my text books, missed my ride so I had to take the bus, missed the bus, took the next bus, missed my stop and I had to walk all the way home with a mountain of text books in my arms as well as my school bag that weighs a ton.

However, Eric did help me carry some of my books during the ride in the bus.

Thanks Eric!

By the time I got home, my arms were on fire and I could barely lift up my spoon when I was having lunch.

On Friday, the final day of the first week of school, we met our new Accounts teacher. We will call him Buddy though that's not his real name. I just like that name.

Buddy's a discipline teacher so everybody was kinda nervous at first. He came in with a big rotan.

Then he told us that he is 'hamsap' (perverted) and suggested that we girls have to wear a Baju Kurung for his sake. Wtf...


Turns out that although he is very strict, he's also quite funny. I think he's much better compared to our last year's accounts teacher, Mrs. Potato. Yes, I like that name too.

How was YOUR first week of school??




No comments:

Post a Comment