Monday, January 24, 2011

Shopping Day



























Today was basically a shopping and errands type of day; ie., lots of running around and not much else getting done. I had wanted to get all the must do stuff out of the way first as well as use this day to rest up from yesterday's long flights. And, that is what I did.

Although, I really hate buying stuff as I sometimes don't pay enough attention to what I am doing and end up going back and forth to get it right. Case in point; the mini tripod I bought today turned out to be a used one and I had to run back to the store to get it exchanged for a new one as that is what I paid for. My mind is just not there at times to check everything out in the store before going home. Live and learn!

Anyways, later that night I just wandered around my neighborhood and took some pix of the nice lights and stuff. There's an amazing amount of energy when the sun goes down here. People come out and shop, wander, hang out, meet up with friends, you name it, it's here. I think the sidewalks are more packed at night than they are during the day time. Trying to walk anywhere fast is not possible in the main shopping/business areas. It's a sight to behold.

A note about the photography; I'm now using the new Canon S95 for all my shooting. And, it's just amazing what they did to improve it from the S90, which I had until recently. The image quality is much improved at the higher ISO's. So much so that I am not afraid to use it above the base ISO of 80. All of the pix here were shot at ISO 200; something which, to me, was unthinkable just a couple of generations ago for a small pocket camera (not a problem for DSLR's, though). The noise characteristics are so film like that it really amazes me how usable it is. I would not have used the older S90 at ISO 200 at night unless it was unavoidable. It's just so much cleaner now. And, I just can't wait for the new CHDK software for the S95 to come out. It'll be even better after that.

Hmmm. I think I am more tired today than I was yesterday. Oh, well. Now, I want to go to bed. But, it's too early!

No comments:

Post a Comment