Monday, June 13, 2011

Saturday Shopping And Eats

There's a little cute one wandering around amongst all the yummy food!





Poor little Azu-nyan. I think she fainted from wandering in and out amongst all the smells from all the food surrounding her.












Last Saturday was another whirlwind shopping day. The first stop was out in the Hongik University area of Hongdae. This is where Volks is located if you will recall from a previous post (April, 2011). I wonder where the first shopping of the day took place! LOL Anyways, I had to pick up some pre-orders that day as I was told that all my stuff had arrived. Some of the items turned out not to be what I had ordered. But, that was okay as they were a bit expensive. I didn't end up getting them. I got other things instead. I didn't overspend and basically stayed within my projected budget. And, that's a good thing.

Then, sometime after the shopping, my friend and I ended up at another Japanese restaurant that I had tried before. The food was as good as before when I ate there. Previously, I had ordered a chicken dish of some sorts, I think. I don't quite recall as it was a while ago and I was starving. But, I did remember that it was quite good. Very authentic. This time was no different. We both ordered the "Gyudon"; which is simmered beef, raw egg, and other toppings on top of rice. I've had this many times before at Hakoya (January, 2011). It was delicious, but Hokoya's version is slightly better. This place had a "Bento Box" version of it; which basically means that it includes other stuff along with the main dish all in one "box", or dish. Reasonably priced and highly recommended. I'll update the name and location another time; I forgot the name! Duh!

Update:
Here are the directions to this restaurant, which is named "Omiyao"; June, 2011.

Next stop after lunch was back to NonNo21; the figure store (March, 2011). I bought a few more figures; actually the Puchi Nendoroid sets of a series. I'll post those in another post next. It's hard to go to that store without walking out with something. I try and stay away from that place now! LOL

The final stop of the day was to Itaewan for some more food; dinner in this case, and some dessert. Dinner was a chicken shawarma (the Koreans know it incorrectly as "kebab" here) at Ankara Picnic. I love the food at that place. You can read about that in a previous post (May, 2010). Stuffed yet again!

Some more walking ensued afterwards to find an English language book store called "What The Book". They had moved from their former location on one of the side streets to the main drag of Itaewan. They moved from a small cramped basement set-up to a second floor loft. It's so much nicer than that basement. It's above the Burger King in case anyone is looking for it. The Burger King is way down the street from Itaewan subway exit number one. Just keep walking straight once at the top of the stairs. The Burger King, and hence the book store, will be on your right hand side after about a 5 minute walk, depending on how fast you walk and how crowded the sidewalk is when you go.

Ice cream followed after the book store at Cold Stone Creamery (street corner right outside the subway entrance - you can't miss it). I had a "healthy" green tea ice cream on a crisp waffle bowl. It was excellent. So much better than some strange concoction I had at the Bupyeong Cold Stone a few weeks ago. I'll never have one of their mixed flavor with weird toppings things again. Yuck!

And, here is where some more of the little cute ones came out to be fed. Hmmm! I wonder why! LOL Thus, ends another day of shopping and eats.

No comments:

Post a Comment