Tuesday, August 16, 2011

More Unexpected Happenings

Well, if you will recall, I had mentioned that I was looking for a new teaching position back here in this post. And, a few weeks prior to my holidays, I applied for a job opening with an English school located in Tokyo.


During the ensuing weeks that followed, I already had a first interview, an interview task (sorta like a test), and a possible second interview pending. Now, that second interview was granted this week. I was expecting to Skype it again like the first one. But, seeing that I'm already in Tokyo, they wanted a personal interview. Well, that was quite unexpected or else I would have prepared for such an occurrence prior to my holidays by packing some appropriate clothing to bring along with me. Duh!


Thus, as you could no doubt gather from that above, I did not bring proper clothing with me for an interview. So, I went shopping today for clothes. A suit, shirt, tie, belt and new shoes came back to the hotel room with me. I went back to Nakano Broadway mall for this shopping as the prices there seemed more "normal". But, this little misadventure still cost me close to a G note! Things are expensive in Tokyo. But, I knew that before. I just didn't expect to spend all my money on clothes. Anyways, no matter the outcome, at least I have some new work clothes. The old stuff back home is starting to get well worn by now.


The interview is tomorrow. Wish me luck!


Note:
No pix yet again today. I had more important things to get squared away today first.

No comments:

Post a Comment