Friday, August 12, 2011

Back In Tokyo



Well, it's vacation time again and I'm once more back in Tokyo. WooHoo!


The flight was a direct flight this time and not one of the other ones with a connection. But, the day was just as long and just as exhausting. I wish there was just a way to directly go from home to the hotel room without all the in between stuff; that actual travel part! Can someone just get with the program invent the transporter, please!


Anyways, the flight itself was okay, at least after I found that the last row of seats with a wall behind them were empty. The check-in guy said they were all full. Duh! Why do I want a wall behind me? Well, have you ever gone to the movies and had your seat kicked and pounded non-stop throughout the entire movie by some inconsiderate oaf? Or, by someone who insists on jamming their feet and/or legs right up against the back of your seat such that you can feel the idiot's every move as they twist and turn non-stop in their seat and, practically, every breath? Well, that's why. And, today, there was some young kid doing exactly just that. Luckily, my brain was working and I turned to see the empty seats behind me. Enough said.


About the only not so smooth thing to happen was me not being able to find a certain subway station line. I had to ask about it and the information guy told me I didn't need it, just walk to the other station I wanted to go to instead. Well, I guess he didn't see my luggage. The walk along the underground path was over one kilometer long with some stairs down and some stairs up. No escalators in those sections either. Normally, I would not mind the walk, but not with a heavy piece of luggage in tow. Anyways, I made it and without injuring myself in the process, no mean feat with my easy to injure body.


The hotel is the same one I stayed at last time. Check out last year's posts for that if you want. I ate at the same restaurant for dinner, too. Yummy as usual, even though the food dish was a cold noodle dish. I didn't know as I can't read Japanese yet and you can't tell the temperature of the soup in a photo. Japanese food is so much tastier than Korean food, in general. I can't stomach the cold noodle Korean dishes. Yuck!


And finally, the photo above is of some junk food I tried from the local convenience store. As the photo shows, these are French fries styled potato chips. About the same size and thickness of French fries, too. The taste is a mild salty taste with a somewhat unique crunch. They almost turn to dust as you bite them. Now, that sounds gross, but they are actually quite good. I just can't find words to describe them other than those. I like them!


That's it for today. It's almost bed time. I'm dead!

No comments:

Post a Comment