Saturday, July 23, 2011

Bon Odori 2011





Last Saturday was the celebration of Bon Odori 2011. It was the first time I've ever been to such an event. All I can say is.... it.... was... AWESOME!!!

Check out the nail art I created for this occasion.



Beauty eh?


I also wore this shirt which I had no idea what it says and what it means. But because it sounded Japanese, I decided to wear it anyway :P


If there's anybody in this whole wide world who can tell me what is 'Herobel' or 'Zaneibe Tomahawvs', please put me out of my misery and tell me what the **** does that mean...


I wasn't really planning to go for the Bon Odori event at first, until our school announced that they'd take us there. So I went with my friends!


Before we left, we had to gather at the school. And while we were waiting for the bus to arrive, Vivien brought some bubble gum. And I don't know how to blow a bubble :(


Watch me and my friends attempt to blow a bubble gum in this video!






As you can see, I failed miserably T.T


At one point, I was close to blowing a bubble and Vivien was standing in front of me saying 'Blow! You can do it. Blow!!'


And so I blew. But instead of a beautiful pink bubble expanding right before my eyes, I see my spit on Vivien's face. LOL.



Ever wondered how does a tudung look with a yukata?





Now you know... that I want a yukata!!!



When I first got there, I was so damn jealous seeing all these girls wearing their gorgeous yukata. But some girls who were wearing short yukatas in an... erm... inappropriate way, yeah,... they look like hookers. Especially with their falsies and super thick eyeliner...





I dared Melissa to pose with this sleepy guy there by going NEXT to him. Not stand so far away from him. Chicken...




Some of the girls in our group thought the drummer boys there were kinda hot. For me, they look pretty average. Maybe its their uniforms that boosted their sex appeal. I dunno...


But we did try to look out for some hotties around the place, you know, for... research? But at the end of the event, frankly I have to say that I'm disappointed. Out of... what? 2000 people at the event, I only found one hottie. ONE!


Like wtf Malaysia? Our guys aren't beautiful enough man! I dunno much about the guy's opinion of the Malaysian girls, but still!


That one handsome guy I spotted at the event was tall, fair, good looking and he has biceps! Huge biceps! Plus, he's a chinese! How many buff chinese guys do you get to see in a lifetime? Hardly. Other than Bruce Lee of course.



And then its time to chow down in our all-s**t-too-expensive-check-my-wallet-I-hope-I-have-enough-of-money-japanese meal! Yummy!!


The food was super expensive! Like, that Unagi Rice costs RM15, that box of BBQ squid is RM10 and that sushi is about RM10 XP


There were a few other items we bought too, but lets not bring up too many painful memories...



Despite the many announcements from the organizers of not picniking at the field or bringing food in that area at all, nobody gave a damn and everybody was happily nom-noming at the field. And so did we :)






The rest of our group arrived. Check out Harue and Loo Yee in their pretty yukatas! Gorgeous!



You see lah. These girls are already preying on little girls in yukatas. Paedophiles...




OK, this is the fun part of the event. Everybody has to make rows of circles around the stage and dance by following the moves of the people on the stage. Its really fun and easy because everybody's doing it and you won't look dumb trying to do your own 'cool' dance moves when you actually look like a dork.


Trust me, I've been there...




Put your hands in the air, and wave it like you just don't care!
Yeah!!


And so, we ended our day by partying in the bus. No, actually Vivien and the Malay gang we're partying. I was already half-dead by then to party at all.







No comments:

Post a Comment