Monday, July 19, 2010

Contract and Visa Renewed

I went to the Incheon Metropolitan Office of Education (boy, that's a mouth full) and got my new contract signed by program coordinator Sarah Hyun today. Then, it was off immigration to get the new visa. It was a busy morning, but at least everything that I wanted to get done before my summer vacation trip to Toronto is now done. And, in case you are wondering, yes I work in the public school system.

Things went really smoothly and much faster than I had expected. The trip to the education office was very quick and problem free via bus #582 from my school. And, then the subway ride with the education office right at exit #4 of City Hall station. Then, a short bus trip via #33 bus (which is right in front of the education office) to the immigration office, which is a short walk from the corner of the Ewha Woman's University Hospital stop.

The cost of renewal is W30,000 + another W50,000 for a multiple entry visa (which allows you to travel outside of Korea and come back again during your visa period). Good if you plan on doing some traveling outside of Korea while you are here.

All in all, a very smooth morning of running around with a short stop at Bupyong for lunch. I was back at the school within 3 1/2 hours. I had originally expected this to be a two morning affair with the contract today and the visa tomorrow.

Not bad. Not bad.

Note:

I know my way around enough now not to need a co-teacher to go anywhere with me to get things done. Independence is just GREAT! WooHoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment