Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Orientation Week








I'm currently in the middle of orientation week and also still have to deal with some jet lag. Don't really have the energy and desire to do anything else yet. I have to be set up in my own place before I will be able to settle down and get back into some sort of routine. Anyways, I'm ok, just too busy to do much.

Orientation lasted about five days and was actually quite good in my opinion. They fed us very well with three major meals per day and snacks in between meals during breaks in the program. I felt like I was going to leave there weighing 300lbs! The food was very good except for one time where they tried to make a non Korean dish. I still enjoyed it, though. Although, a lot of people complained about it. But, then again, they complained about almost all of it. Can't please them all. You have to wonder why someone would work and live in a totally foreign environment when they cannot even open themselves up to trying new experiences. Anyways, some of the attitudes of the people there were not conducive to doing well later on in their life here. I enjoyed orientation as it gave a cushion to culture shock and enabled me to make some new friends that I will be able to keep in contact with during my time here.

No comments:

Post a Comment