Saturday, September 12, 2009

The First Week At Work

I survived the first week at work. And, other than the first day, it went by fairly smoothly. But, that first day was a real pain. I was originally told that all I would be doing for the first week was observing and learning the ropes. Right! I was thrust into the fray in the very first class I had. Good thing I prepared a lesson the day before. I needed it. That lesson sucked, but I incrementally improved upon it as the week progressed so that by week's end, it was ok. I still need to use it this upcoming week as I have not seen all my classes yet as some of them are on a two week rotation and also because I did not have to work on monday.

It's hard to gauge the level of the students as they are all mixed into the same class for a particular grade irregardless of their actual level. This makes lesson planning difficult as I will have to strike a middle ground somewhere. Anyways, time will tell how well things will go. As for now, I survived the first week and that's all that counts. The school seems to want a lot out of me and they have given me extra classes and the like already. I will take things one day at a time. That's all I can do right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment