Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Apartment







I finally settled into the new apartment after a couple of days of running around getting things and finding my way around. It's a nice little small place and is quite clean. I guess the former tenant was either a neat freak like myself, or was not really here all that much as most things still look quite new. Seems a lot of the other teachers got apartments with lots of stuff left over for them, for better or for worse. I'm so glad I did not inherit someone else's junk. I like a simple environment and this suites me to a "t". The basics were provided for me by the school and the rest is up to me to furnish, which I won't. There is also a TV and microwave along with a rice cooker and coffee maker; all things I will not end up using at all. I even put the TV away in one of the closets just to get it out of the way and stop it from collecting dust. Well, maybe it won't stop it, but at least slow down the process. The "string" you see is my laundry line. I could have bought a drying rack, but I prefer the line. It's simpler and does a better job in my opinion. I don't care if anybody sees it.

The bathroom shower has a door and is sort of separate from the rest of the bathroom. Most are all-in-one set-ups. This at least prevents everything from getting soaked as I shower. It's very small, though. Almost no room to dry myself without hitting things as I do so.

This is also my first chance to update some of my older posts and to add some new pix to them as well. Take a look back as there are some new observations added as well. As for the pix, I have used simple snapshots and touristy type pix to show a slice-of-life here with my experiences. There will also be some fine art photos thrown in once in a while, but for the most part, most pix will be boring snapshots. Fine art photos, when there will be some, will generally be posted at the end of the pix section. You should be able to tell the difference, hopefully! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment