Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Real "Diagon Alley" Bupyeong Revisited








































I revisited the downtown area of Bupyeong [see previous post entitled: "Diagon Alley" (Bupyeong Station)] again this weekend and brought my camera with me this time. The open air markets that I saw last time were in full swing as usual and I had to get some pix of it. Just a bit removed from the modern stores of the area, these markets are something to behold. This really is like a time trip into the past here.

There are lots of fresh fish vendors, fruit sellers, bedding, pillows, clothing, shoes, cooked food, and assorted other things. Lots of colour and smells, too. Some good, and some not so good.

Pricing at these open air markets are the best you can find it seems while the contemporary stores selling brand name things are about the same as they are in Canada; read, expensive. I bought a pair of name brand casual shoes and they were EXPENSIVE. But, I walk a lot, everywhere I go practically, so they were definitely worth the price of admission to me. I also bought an iron, but that was very reasonable at a cheap department store. Some things are very cheap, some very reasonable, and well known international name brands very expensive. Just like back in Canada, good quality things are expensive here, too.

All in all, my favorite part of the city to shop, walk, and eat so far.

BTW: W1000 is less than $0.90 CDN.

No comments:

Post a Comment