Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Glass Jungle







Gangnam in Seoul is the wealthy area of the city, and of the country for that matter. I've heard about it ever since I got to Korea, but really never got around to seeing it till now. The main street is wide and busy with well known international name brand stores along it. The side streets parallel to it are filled with restaurants and bars of all descriptions; a lot of them international in cuisine, too. There is also a vast underground shopping complex centered around the subway station.

And, boy, is it crowded with a virtual sea of people everywhere. Getting from A to B was a chore due to the crowds. But, for the most part, I was most intrigued with the tall glass office towers at the main cross streets. As these are a bit removed from the main shopping and eating areas, the sidewalks were almost deserted, owing in no small part, no doubt, to the holiday. And, that's what I spent most of my time studying today. It was very relaxing and quiet away from all the people, especially after a less than great start to my photo shooting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment