Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Longshan Temple




















This Buddhist temple is probably the best preserved, or restored, temple of its kind I have ever seen thus far. The colors are bright and all the intricate carvings, ironwork, etc. are exquisite. It's also the only one I've seen that is not covered in pigeon netting. The place itself is very nice albeit very busy with visitors and worshippers alike. The smell of incense, though, was almost too much for me as I'm allergic to their smoke; I wheeze pretty much instantly. I didn't stay too long because of that. Still, all in all, well worth the visit.

Yes, that's a waterfall inside the grounds of the temple. Very pretty!

Note:
The spelling of this temple is taken from the subway station of the same name as that is how it is spelled in most guide maps, brochures, etc., not as it is on the plaque.

No comments:

Post a Comment