Monday, August 2, 2010

In Toronto

Shuttle train level of Incheon International Airport

I finally made it back to Toronto, my original home town in Canada. I'm jet lagged and feeling like I'm in the twilight zone. The day of the flight (yesterday) was a 32 hour non-stop marathon. I might have gotten maybe an hour or less of sleep on the plane. Or, was it about two hours. I dunno. I'm so confused! I should be fine in a couple of days, though.

I love traveling, but hate the actual "travel" part of it! I just like being there. Anyways, the flights themselves were uneventful for the most part except for some turbulence that had some passengers making noises. I had a layover in Tokyo's Narita airport where I had some noodles as I waited, which was my first meal outside of Korea in about six months. Both planes were a bit delayed in taking off by about 20 minutes each and had nothing to do with each others' delays. All in all, nothing to complain about.

One of my pet peeves about flying is having someone sit behind me who constantly hits, kicks, or otherwise touches my seat in such a way as to disturb my serenity of sitting peacefully. It's also why I hate going to movie theaters as well. People seem to have no conception of just how their own thoughtless actions impact upon other people. Anyways, as the second leg of my journey already had its' seat assigned, I was wondering how this part of the flight was going to turn out, the 12 hour part no less. As luck would have it, I got a wall behind me! WooHoo! No one to disturb my serenity of sitting! Awesome! It's the small things in life that I appreciate. And, this one was well worth the price of admission. I usually request a wall behind me in seat selection, which normally ends up putting me in the last seat in the back of the plane. But, larger jets, like the B777 I was on, have additional walls in the middle sections of the plane. I got what I wanted without even having to ask for it this time. There's always a first time for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment