Sunday, January 24, 2010

Shopping Spree





















Ok, so I bought another camera today. So, kill me. I bought a Canon 500D. I had entertained the idea of a Nikon D700, or a Canon 5D MkII even before the trip, but decided to spend one third the price and get something cheaper that does essentially the same thing. So, a Canon 500D it is. And, not that stupid North American name for it like the T1i, or whatever it is. The numbering convention is so much better than those dumb made for the North American market names they keep using on us. I wish they would stop that.

Anyways, this new camera is for my fine art photography moments. Those times where I specifically go out to shoot some fine art pix. It will not be an everyday camera. I will try and test it while I am here, though. But, today was spitting rain at times and I didn't feel like lugging it around in that. Easier to pocket my pocket camera when the time calls for it. I am also happy enough with my S90 image quality that this is a non issue in not using the 500D exclusively.

All current pix are still from the Canon S90 I bought a few months ago. Even the upcoming night shots, which turned out to be quite good, especially if I kept it at ISO 80 to ISO 125. I'll have to reshoot some of the ISO 200 shots with the 500D/S90 another night. They are a bit too noisy/grainy for my liking.

The pix are of my further wanderings around my area after I took my new toy back to the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment