Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Family Grows!


Toko Amano


Mio Akiyama


Yui Hirasawa


Tsumugi Kotobuki


Azusa Nakano


Ritsu Tainaka

I went to the NonNo21 figure store at the Kukje Center again yesterday. Wow! What sensory overload. I still cannot get my senses straight when I am in there. There's just too much to process all at once.

Anyways, the family grows yet again. I ended up adding some new types of figures to my collection; Figma and Nendoroid. The Figma type of figures are actually posable as their major joints move and articulate. They also have changeable and spare option parts, too. I originally never really liked the Figmas because their joints are too visible and that used to bother me about them. But, after having my Volks Dollfie girl for a while, the joints don't seem to be all that noticeable anymore. Their cuteness factor overrides everything else and all you see are their adorable expressions and antics.

The second type of figures I started into are the Nendoroids. Yeah, I know. Funny sounding name. They are simply "baby" type figures with big heads and small little bodies styled after, well, babies. They are uber cute. Again, I originally did not like them. But, after photographing them and posing them, they grew on me. Their facial expressions are the cutest of the figure types. As well, they too, have changeable and spare option parts. Although they do not have fully movable joints, their arms and legs are posable to a limited extent.

So, I collected the full original series K-On! band set and a little Nendoroid. They are not as expensive as the fixed pose figures I have been collecting, though. About half the price per figure and not as large either. They are non-scale figures. My big cardboard box that I keep them all in is now full. I need to stop for now! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment