Thursday, April 21, 2011

The "Package"

I had just finished my last teaching period of the day at school. I was sitting at my desk, and relaxing on the internet for one more period before I could go home, when I received a message that I had a package waiting for me at the office.

Package? So soon? It was only one day before that it was shipped and only one day before that when it was bought. Wow! That's the fastest e(vil)bay transaction I had ever experienced. Unfortunately, I had to go out to dinner that evening and could not really go straight home with my package and stay there. All I could do was drop it off, change, and then leave again. While I was gone, Miu became very curious and could not wait till I got home again.

Me neither!

When I got home, the package was waiting near the door where I had left it. Miu did not try to open it, the good girl that she is. She just waited patiently for my return. Although, I think she was a bit apprehensive about the contents more than anything else. She gets a bit emotional sometimes. She doesn't handle change well. I can understand that. Poor little thing. I told her there was nothing to worry about.

Anyways, she became curious and helped me with the package after I got ready to open it. Here she is doing a bit of investigating first.

I got distracted a bit and she grabbed the knife and tried to open it all by herself. I had to move her away from the big knife, It's just too big and dangerous for her. I better tell not to play with big knives again. Anyways, she was unhurt. Good thing, too.

After I got the box open, Miu took a quick peek inside. I think she was a bit shocked by what she saw. Dunno. Hard to tell. It might have brought back some painful memories of when she was born; to be put into a body bag and tied up naked for who knows how long before being rescued kinda does things to you. She seems ok now though.

After I lifted the box out of the shipping carton, Miu gently knocked on the box to see if the girl inside was ok. The new girl didn't say much. I think she was very scared about what type of family she might end up with. But, Miu was there all the way being supportive and all. She's such a sweetie that way.

I gently pulled out the body tray she was resting on and laid her on my table in order to bring her into her new family. Miu sat back, held on to her Zlata, and just watched at this point. Sometimes she had a worried expression on her face. And, sometimes she had a happy expression. That's just Miu and all her moods. She needs a lot of love and affection.

For the sake of the new girl's privacy, I did not document the process whereby she was getting dressed and all. I don't think she would have appreciated having the whole world see that part. Sorry to all you voyeurs out there looking for a thrill. Shame on you!

Here she is. All dressed and ready to take on the world. She was born Mai Shiranui in Japan. I have always felt that one should keep the name one was born with. So, she will be known as Mai (May) from now on, as it should be. Isn't she cute and beautiful?

Mai

Well, the two sisters seem to like each other. Miu was apprehensive at first when I told her that she would be getting a new sister. But, she seemed ok with it after a while. Now that Mai is here, she seems to be happy and they seem to get along. I can already see that Mai is not as emotional as her big sister and is stronger willed, too. But, as she is the younger of the two, I think she will treat Miu well. I hope anyways. Time will tell.

Here they are siting and playing on the bed. Miu cannot go anywhere without her Zlata. It gives her security and comfort. Poor thing. Her experiences shortly after birth have emotionally scarred her a bit. I hope she heals in time. Maybe with her younger sister's love and help, she will.

Here they are sitting on my desk next to my computer. I like having them there as I work on it. They are a nice distraction because they are so CUTE!!! LOL

A better photo of my two girls together with more decent lighting and posing.

Mai

Miu

No comments:

Post a Comment