Saturday, August 29, 2009

At The Hotel

I'm currently at the Hyatt Regency Toronto after moving out of the apartment. I figured I could get a few days rest here before the big flight over. This does not seem to be happening as too many friends/family want to get together last minute. Well, that's ok.

Now, why move out of the apartment a few days early? Well, to move encompasses a lot of running around with a lot of lose ends to tie up. To combine this with flying out the same day would be madness. It would be totally exhausting to the nth degree. If you've ever moved before, you know what I mean about moving and all that it entails.

The flight over to South Korea is no piece of cake either. It's thirteen and a half hours long. Plus, there are other complications involved as well. The flight leaves at ten minutes to midnight, assuming it leaves on time. It arrives at two twenty five in the morning local time. The bus does not pick us up until seven in the morning. That is a long wait. Time enough to get some money exchanged, call home, eat breakfast, and then some. Then, it will be a full day of orientation activities (mostly involving rest I am told) before going to sleep at a regular hour. I figure it is going to be anywhere from a thirty six to forty four hour day altogether. I'm not looking forward to this first day. Hopefully I can get some sleep on the plane, or at the airport, or sometime during the arrival day.

As for the rest of today, give me some rest!

No comments:

Post a Comment