Saturday, July 4, 2009

Less Than Two Months Left

My Little Friend

It is now less than 2 months left before the big day; the day I leave for South Korea. As I am getting ready to leave, there is lots to do and not much time left in which to do them.

I have tried to do a few trial packs the last few weeks. There's way too much stuff left still. Had to get rid of the small suitcase and buy another bigger duffle bag instead. Now, I have two fairly large duffle bags. The airline, Korean Air, only allows two pieces of luggage up to 22kg each, and one piece of carry on. Got to get rid of some more stuff, still. Slowly getting there.

Taught another ESL class again about a week and a bit ago. Like the first one I taught, it also went well. It gives me hope that I will be able to do a good job of teaching when I get to Korea. I guess it might be a newbe thing, but I always seem to find that I could have added a bit more here, or there after the fact as I mull over the events of the lesson afterwards. Of course, the students would not know what I missed, though. Or, what I could have added or did better on in the lesson itself. An experience thing no doubt. Overall, I am pleased with my performance thus far. And, so is my instructor.

Also saw "Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen" on its opening week a few weeks ago, too. I enjoyed it. It picked up nicely where it left off during the previous movie. What I usually find most disturbing with some sequels are the changes in actors for the same roles. I do understand why this happens, but continuity is always best kept with the same actors. And, this sequel delivers on that. Plus, the characters where not radically changed in personality from the previous movie either, which is another bothersome factor in some sequels. All in all, an enjoyable time.

Still waiting for my contract and notice of appointment, though. Korea seems a bit slow in this regard. I need those documents before I can apply for my work visa. Although, my airline ticket is reserved and should be paid for in a few days time. I also booked my hotel for my last two nights in the city as well. Moving day is way too hectic to do it on the same day as my flight. I need to close off all aspects of this life before I can start another life. Can't do it on the same day. That would be crazy. Anyways, I found a fairly good rate at the Hyatt Regency Hotel downtown. Not a bad way to spend the last two days here relaxing before I leave.

And, that wraps this bit of catch-up news.


No comments:

Post a Comment