Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Parting Thoughts


As most of you could probably tell, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Tokyo. It was one of those destinations I had wanted to go to for a while, but the actual trip itself was a spur of the moment decision owing to the fact that I did not want to spend a week of my vacation time off at home listening to the noisy neighbors upstairs (who are thankfully moving out at the beginning of April). So, I jumped at the trip. I'm glad I did.

As I didn't do any research into Tokyo prior to going. I just winged it when I got there and all went very well. I only learned a few simple words of Japanese a few nights prior to the plane departure and that seemed to be enough. I definitely did not know what to expect once I got there, but I am impressed. I would go back again and I still won't research it to death. Taking life as it happens is quite freeing actually. Keeping an open mind and doing what comes along. That attitude had worked out for me quite well on this trip. It was like that in Hong Kong, too.

Cheers for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment