Saturday, March 13, 2010

An Impromptu Korean Wedding







I was supposed to meet up with a teacher friend of mine today to go for pizza at lunch time. But, something else happened instead. He took me to a wedding. I didn't know anybody there.

The wedding itself was nice enough and the food was great. I made a pig of myself, but only a small pig. It was not quite what I am used to having shot many a wedding professionally back in Toronto.

The ceremony was supposed to start at 2pm and it most likely did. But, we were pigging out at the all you can eat buffet at the time along with about half the other guests. The buffet style food was served prior to the ceremony about an hour or two ahead of time. There did not seem to be anything else going on after the ceremony either. No dancing, no speeches, etc. Or, at least we left shortly after eating. So, I can not really be sure of what happened later. Like I said before; a bit different than what I am used to seeing. And, this was supposed to be an "American style wedding", too.

Anyways, I can't complain. The food was excellent and the hall was beautiful. Quite different than just pizza for lunch!

No comments:

Post a Comment