Saturday, November 14, 2009

Namsan - Seoul





























I went to Namsan yesterday to check out Seoul Tower, which is on top of "South Mountain" in Seoul. This is the highest point in the city and it affords a wonderful panoramic view of the entire city in 360 degree glory. The day was cold and windy and only got worse as the sunset. But, it was still an enjoyable day. The cable car ride up was fun and the scenery along the way, as well as at the top, was breath taking.

I also went back to Namdaemun to pick up the new Canon PowerShot S90 camera later that evening, too. I tried to find this camera when it first came out about a month ago, but had no luck in finding it in Korea at all. It was too soon after the introduction. Now, they seem to be everywhere. I went to Canon Plaza, one of only two(?) Canon authorized dealers in the city to buy it. The price was less expensive than the dealers in Bupyeong, Incheon.

My original camera was too big as a carry everywhere camera and I wanted something much smaller, but still with decent image quality. I think I found it in this little guy. The large and cumbersome nature of the old camera did not inspire me to take it with me where ever I went. This new one should solve that problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment