Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Working, Working and Working

I guess I should update this thing! Anyways, I did get that hotel job I mentioned in my previous post. Been working there for almost three weeks now. Although, I do not get as many hours as I need to survive yet. Low season is upon us. So, that may not look very promising until next spring when high season begins. The same can be said about the wedding studio job, too. I might need yet another part-time job to tied me over the winter months. I'll look for that soon. Right after I move again.

Yes, I'm moving again. I need a place closer to my work places and closer to the cheap places to eat in the city; that being downtown "Chinatown". I mean, where else can you get a plate of food that is so full that even I cannot finish it for $4.00 (and that INCLUDES the tax already)! I mean, "McD's" combo meals are TWICE that price (PLUS tax) any day!

Let's put this another way, a slice of "all dressed" (meat lovers, meat and veggies, etc.) pizza at the local chain pizza joints that dot this city cost $4.85 (after tax). A 6" cold cuts sub at the local chain sub places cost $4.84 (after tax). There is really something wrong in this country when food is so ridiculously expensive everywhere except Chinatown. I mean let's GET REAL! More food on a plate than I can finish for $4.00 vs a pizza slice, or a tiny sub sandwich that leaves me still starved for more than that! C'mon!

So, I'm moving into an area where, in my youth, I would never have in my wildest dreams thought of living. But, here I go doing exactly that. It's where the cheapest places to eat are located and it would actually cost MORE to cook it myself than to eat out. Trust me on this, I used to cook and it cost a small fortune in this city to do that. If you can make a well balanced meal (simple carbs + meat + complex carbs - read: veggies) for under $4.00, let me know!

Plus, after a long day at work, the last thing I want to do is to be at the mercy of public transit. It used to take me well over an hour to get home after work. That is, until I discovered that it was faster to walk home from the subway station than to wait for a bus that only runs every 26 minutes. The walk only takes about 13 to 15 minutes depending on how energetic (read: fast) I feel like walking after running around at the hotel all day.

Well, that's all the news fit to print for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment