Friday, May 20, 2011

Welcoming A New Little One

It was a rainy day. My classes had just ended after a particularly long one at that. I wanted to go home with my latest mesume. She arrived at the school office around lunch time, I think. I don't remember it all too clearly anymore. Twas a long day!

Anyways, when I got home with the package, Miu and Mai were eager to open it. But, I had to tell them to wait a bit first because today is my weekly cleaning day and I wanted to get that done and out of the way with first. Plus, it would be nice to welcome a new mesume into a cleaner home.

With the cleaning done for another week, it finally came time to open the package. Both Miu and Mai rushed up to the counter where I had left it when I first got home. How they got up there so fast I don't know. And, they are not particularly tall either.

They each took turns looking it over and figuring out the best way to open it. I didn't give them the big kitchen knife this time around as Miu almost hurt herself with it the last time she tried to use it.

They soon figured out that the easiest way was to just rip off the tape holding the box together. And, here you can see them ripping away. Mai was a bit too close to the edge of the counter for my liking. But, nothing happened. Miu, on the other hand, slipped on the counter with her slippery leggings on the smooth stone surface. I managed to catch her mid fall. Wow! That was close. I don't ever want that to happen again.

Eventually, the girls freed the box containing the little tiny cutie. Why such a big package for such a small box is beyond me. The outer box is huge in relation to the inner box! It's just hard to see that in these pix.

Here she is newly brought into our home. Isn't she cute? She was very quiet, though. Didn't make a sound throughout the whole time. Just stared straight ahead. Blinked a few times and that's about it.

The space on the kitchen counter got too small for all this. There were too many boxes and the such cluttering up the place. So, I moved everyone over to my desk. It's less cluttered and with more light to see better with, too. I helped the girls ease our little cutie out of her box and untied her from her carrier.

She slowly got up and steadied herself.

She slowly turned and looked at Miu. Well, at least her hand anyways.

Then slowly turned the other way and looked at Mai, all wide eyed.

And, finally falls back down and starts to cry! Poor little thing! She's been though so much to get here and is now totally frightened to death. She doesn't know what to expect from these two girls who are at least more than twice her size; not to mention the even bigger guy in the room with the camera taking pix the whole time.

Anyways, my mesumes, the quick thinking cuties that they are, carried her over to the bed and put her down there where it is softer and more comfortable than a table top. They rummage through the kitchen for some ice cream cones and try to coax their new little sister back. That did the trick. Our new little cutie slowly gets up and accepts the gifts from Miu and Mai.

As you can see here, she seems quite happy to have her arms full of treats. And soon, a full tummy, too.

Well, that did it! The newest addition to the household seems to like her new siblings now. Here she is going up to Miu for a big hug.

Awwwwww! She's so cute and tiny!

Sister bonding time.

Then, it was Mai's turn to give her some attention.

Wheeeeee!

Awwwwww! Hugs and kisses!

Well, here is a new family portrait of my girls; Miu with her Zlata "rag" dolly, Mai with her real pink rag dolly. And, the newest addition to our family...

..."Moko".

No comments:

Post a Comment