Sunday, May 15, 2011

Comic World Expo

























This weekend is the bimonthly Comic World expo and cosplay convention in Seoul. This event is held every two months in Seoul and every month in Busan. I went yesterday, along with a friend, to see what it was all about. It's still ongoing today.

Based upon a blog post I had read earlier, I was not really expecting much. I thought it would be a pretty low key affair; quite empty with only a few vendors and very little attendance. Man, was I wrong about that! Hundreds of vendors and wall to wall people greeted us; a virtual sea all day long. And, we were there from opening till almost closing time.

Above are just a small sample of the pix of the goings on and of some of the vendors that I liked, that I liked! There were just as many that did not appeal enough to me to take their pix. You will notice ALL my pix are shot looking up. If I shot straight on, all you would see would be the backs of peoples' heads. It was that packed all day long without any breaks in the traffic. To say that this event is popular is an understatement. Think packed subway train at rush hour; at times you literally could not move it was so packed.

And, there's something for everyone here. Most of the merchandise was fan art, original art, manga, anime, graphic novels, keychains, pens, bags, little knick knacks, etc. No figures or dolls, although a few vendors I saw did bring their dollfies to help with the sales.

Outside, and in other parts of the venue, were all the cosplayers dressed VERY well and looking GREAT. I did not have the opportunity to take their pix because my hands were full by that time with a certain someone's, who shall remain nameless at this point, stuff. LOL

Twas a madhouse!

Note:
More of my pix of this event can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment