Sunday, October 31, 2010

Around The Neighborhood

























I've been neglecting this blog for a while. Time to get back with the program. Anyways, as with all creative endeavours, one has to be in the mood to write. And, I'm sorta back in the mood now.

The past few weeks have been very cold; hovering around 0C in the mornings. The cold weather came early this year. Last year it was good until well into November. But, last weekend, it was actually warm enough to go out in just a shirt in the sunshine. And, that's what I did to shoot a few pix around my neighborhood. Yeah, I know. I'm a week late in my posting. Like I said, I was not in the mood at the time.

I began by going up to the top floor of my building, the fifteenth floor, and shooting the surrounding countryside. I could only do this on the one side as on the other side are another set of equally tall buildings blocking the view. It didn't occur to me to go up those to shoot the other side till just now. Maybe next time. Meh! Anyways, there are lots of apartment buildings in my area as you can see.

Next were a few shots inside my own building. Every three floors has an atrium that connects them together as sort of a way to make the building seem smaller and more personal. I don't know how well that works as all it seems to do is transmit the noise easier for the adjoining floors. Plus, the fire gates that drop from the ceiling along the railings are blocked by many bicycles chained to them on most floors. Next is a shot of the dirty elevator floor. I like the design, though. Meh!

Following the interior shots are a couple of the outside of my four building complex. Two of those are strictly business buildings with even an indoor golf driving range inside one of them. Golf is big here in Korea. These things are everywhere. Outdoor golf courses are rare as land is at a premium and the player fees are expensive. The driving range also happens to face my windows, only one floor lower, which puts it in an absolute perfect position to have the golf balls sail right into my apartment, along with all the other apartments that face in the same direction, should the safety netting fail. Any day now!

And, the rest of the pix are of my neighborhood as I walked around for a while until I got tired and headed into a shopping mall for an ice cream cone. So, that was my day on a warm and sunny sunday afternoon last weekend. It was a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment