Monday, April 26, 2010

Breakfast of Champions


I usually eat a healthy breakfast every morning after getting out of bed. Juice with some fruit and water. Usually, orange, apple, or pear juice along with a banana, or oranges. With yogurt and more fruit sometime in the evening when I get home, this rounds out the day with some balanced nutrition as I find cooked vegetables somewhat lacking in the diet here. And, I love cooked veggies. I have tried various types of juice here as well as various types of yogurt. The ones in the pic above are the best tasting and most natural from what I can tell. They certainly are not the cheapest, but are the best IMHO.

Fresh fruits are always available, but I find them lacking in sweetness most of the time. Trying different ones does not seem to make any difference. About the only fruits that have any sweetness to them are the persimmons in the non-GMO form; ie., original form. Unfortunately, they are only seasonal and the season has long passed. Sometimes, though, I have lucked out on the odd bag of Mandarin oranges that have turned out to be very sweet. It all seems to be pretty hit and miss even with the same brand and day/week of purchase. Maybe there's some secret I've yet to discover about fruits here and how to buy the sweetest ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment