Sunday, May 29, 2011

Moko At The DollFree Market









I took my littlest girl, Moko, with me to the 41st DollFree Market on Sunday in Seoul. She seemed not to mind the two plus hours it took us to get there, not to mention the same amount of time on the way back, too. I had searched high and low for a suitable carrier for her the previous week just so that she would be comfortable and safe while traveling. There was nothing suitable anywhere to be found. So, instead I bought some things and made one myself. It seemed to do the job fine.

As I wandered around the show for a few hours, Moko became somewhat restless and wanted to get out for some fresh air and to look around a bit. She had not been out in the real world before. This was her first time. Well, besides where she was born in Japan and then the long circuitous route to her new home with me and my other girls. I don't think she has ever been out before. But, one never knows. And, she's not saying.

Anyways, I went outside the show hall and looked for a nice place for us to sit quietly and undisturbed for a bit. Downstairs was way too crowded. I went up to the second floor. It was way too hot as the building is glass enclosed and there did not seem to be enough AC to keep things cool up there. Plus, there was another show going on. I picked up a cold drink from the vending machine and headed back downstairs. It was really packed down there. A lot of the other doll show visitors where there with their dolls resting, etc., too. I finally found a quiet spot next to the escalator. I drank my cold drink and ate the cookie I had bought earlier in the day. Moko was not hungry or thirsty, though.

Moko just sat next to me for awhile as I rested. And, then decided to walk around and take in the surroundings. She was a bit unsteady at first. Unsure of her first steps, she was hesitant in going very far. Eventually she relaxed enough to do a bit of modeling for my camera. Then, she decided that she had had enough and wanted to be picked up and carried again. I think the large crowds of people kinda scared her a bit.

Poor little thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment